I’ve been grappling with a persistent issue for a while now, and unfortunately, I’ve had no success with the solutions provided online or by ChatGPT.
Here’s what’s been happening: occasionally, some of my Unifi devices (AP, Switch, etc.) would show as “Offline” in the Unifi Controller (
v7.3.83). Whenever I’d
ssh into a device and use the
info command, I’d notice an incorrect inform address. For example:
This inform address,
192.168.1.89, does not match my Unifi Controller’s address.
There are suggestions online saying that repeating
set-inform several times to clear the backup configuration should stop the system from reverting to an incorrect address, but this approach has been unsuccessful for me.
I happened upon a
/etc/persistent/cfg/mgmt file on the Unifi device, which seemed to handle the device’s configuration:
I noticed that at
mgmt.servers.1.url, the incorrect address was being utilized. I changed this to match the IP address of the Unifi Controller and saved the change. Since then, the issue hasn’t resurfaced (as of yet).